Director of Creative, Core unit marketing
Who we are
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing. Semrush offers insights and solutions for companies to build, manage, and measure campaigns across various marketing channels.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader in helping good marketers become great!
About the Team
This position is open in our Core Unit Marketing Team. The Core Unit is one of the company's priority areas and includes all the SEO tools used by leading SEO experts worldwide. We are in rapid growth mode and require a highly qualified, experienced Director of Creative, Core Unit Marketing.
About the role
As a Director of Creative, core unit marketing you will build and lead a new team responsible for the creative vision for core unit marketing’s ‘engage and entertain’ content and digital campaigns. Campaign ideation, positioning, top level messaging and development and management of full creative briefs. Execution is delivered in collaboration with our internal creative agency and external agency partners.
This is a highly cross-functional role in which you’ll get to work closely with executive stakeholders globally.
Areas of responsibility:
- Own core unit marketing digital campaign vision, ideation, positioning, direction and top level messaging.
- Create campaigns, solution-based stories and creatives that not just solves users problems but engages, entertains and delivers on campaign goals
- Collaborate with the creative agencies to deliver wow factor campaigns
- Build a team and culture that are really creative and adventurous with campaign vision, design and messaging and are brave, whilst delivery on results
- Responsibility for core unit marketing creative quality and QA
- Test new creative campaign messaging, assets and content and based on performance delivery insights and optimization of existing and future campaigns
- Own annual and quarterly go-to-market core unit marketing creative strategy, planning and management
- Ownership, development and setting of core unit creative quarterly goals and results of the team
- Own and define your teams structure, roles and responsibilities
- Own and manage core unit marketing creative calendar and capacity of the team to manage and deliver
- Find & manage internal & external creative suppliers / agency partnerships
- Develop collaborative cross-unit frameworks and processes
- Build strong communications and collaborative relationships with other core unit marketing directors and equivalent level marketing colleagues in other units, specifically internal creative agency
- Clearly define and manage expectations and deliverables with other teams.
- Own quarterly and monthly reviews and reporting of the creative core unit marketing creative assets and content quality and performance
- 10+ years creative management experience, specifically with building a team and management of external agency relationships
- 10+ years management experience in taking a product or campaign brief through creative ideation, positioning, messaging to developing fit-for-purpose creative campaigns and drive results
- Great communicator and collaborator that can bring their creative vision to life
- Deep understanding of digital marketing channels and which creatives and messaging drive results in each respective channels
- Leveraging this knowledge to craft really compelling campaigns
- A strong understanding of the digital marketing industry
- Experience and knowledge of Semrush platform, products and solutions an advantage
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Dynamic, adaptable and familiar with the agile culture
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Some additional perks that Semrush has to offer:
- Flexible work hours
- FREE snacks and drinks
- Monthly onsite and offsite corporate event
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.