Which taxes are collected by Semrush, Inc.?Question
Semrush collects the following taxes:
- Valued Added Tax (VAT) for customers residing within the European Union
- GST (goods and services tax) for customers in Australia and India.
- Sales Tax for customers in:
- Alabama (8%)
- Arizona (up to 11.2% based on location)
- Connecticut (1%)
- Iowa (6-7% based on location)
- Louisiana (up to 11.45% based on location)
- Maine (5.5%)
- Massachusetts (6.25%)
- Nebraska (up to 8%based on location)
- New Jersey (6.625%)
- New York State (up to 8.75% based on location)
- North Dakota (up to 8.5%)
- Ohio (up to 8% based on location)
- Oklahoma (up to 11%)
- Pennsylvania (6%)
- Rhode Island (7%)
- South Carolina (6-9% based on location)
- South Dakota (up to 6.5% based on location)
- Tennessee (up to 9.75% based on location)
- Texas (8.25%)
- Utah (max rate is 9.05% based on location)
- Washington, DC (6%)
- Washington State (6.5 - 10.4% based on location)
- West Virginia (up to 7% based on location)
- GET (General Excise Tax) in Hawaii (4.1 - 4.7% based on location)
In the United States, sales tax is placed on the sale or lease of goods and services. Sales tax is collected according to the state where the property or service is delivered by the seller to the customer.
Semrush has places of business located in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Texas within the United States. We also have employees and contracts in several other states, which requires the collection of sales tax.
If you choose any of these states when purchasing a subscription or any other Semrush products, such as a custom report, sales tax will be applied to your recurring subscription with your next payment, if one is due.
- Which taxes are collected by Semrush, Inc.?
- What is the VAT rate for my country?