What is a Google Penalty?Question
A Google Penalty is a negative effect inflicted on a website's rankings based on updates made to Google’s search algorithms. Penalties can be the result of an algorithm update or suspicion of black-hat SEO tactics such as suspicious links or keyword-stuffing. Read more about Google's recent algorithm updates that could lead to penalties here.
Use the Backlink Audit Tool to disavow dangerous backlinks that Semrush suspects could potentially cause a Google Penalty.
- How do I find my potentially dangerous anchor texts?
- What is a Target URL error?
- What is a Google Penalty?
- What do all of the Toxic Markers in Backlink Audit mean?
- What are Rel attributes?
- Why does the Backlink Analytics report show more backlinks than Backlink Audit?
- Why didn't Backlink Audit fetch all my backlinks and referring domains?
- Do whitelisted backlinks impact your overall Toxicity Score?
- Configuring Backlink Audit Tool
- Backlink Audit Overview
- Auditing Your Backlinks
- Monitoring Lost and Found Referring Domains
- Backlink Audit Target Pages
- How to Connect Majestic to Semrush
- Disavowing Your Backlinks
- Removing Your Unwanted Backlinks