Create Tasks in Client Manager
The ability to manage multiple workflows is a crucial skill when it comes to interacting with your clients. Even hardcore online marketing professionals can get lost in the volumes of data and different processes.
Keeping that in mind, we have equipped Client Manager – our tool for managing customers and organizing the scope of work performed for them inside Semrush – with a brand-new handy feature. The tool’s functionalities are included in any Semrush subscription.
What Is the Tasks Functionality and Why Use It?
The new feature allows you to create tasks inside Semrush and connect them to different tools of the platform.
This update makes Client Manager the perfect choice to refine your management system. It’s an indispensable solution to:
- Manage clients and the work you perform for them in one place;
- Save time by creating tasks inside our service and prioritizing them;
- Have a quick overview of project plans with the estimated time needed to get work done, and evaluate its costs;
- See all the progress you have made for a client at a glance.
How to Create a Task
1. Start by clicking on the ‘Create new task’ button on the Tasks tab of the client's profile.
2. Add the general information about your task. You can select priority, task type, related Semrush tools, estimated time, cost, and more.
3. On the task page, you can see all the information about the task and any related tools.
You can create tasks without limitation, but there’s a limit to the number of client cards – 50. Doesn’t seem enough for your workload? Check out the Agency Growth Kit Add-on and learn about our extra-useful set of tools personalized specifically for agencies’ needs.
Managing Your Tasks
As soon as a task is created, you can find it on the Task list. We keep your tasks clustered by status type.
If you fill in Costs and Time on a task while creating one, you will see the costs and estimated time for each task as well as the overall costs and time per task group. This will come in handy when calculating effort and costs.
You can also add a new task from the group. In order to create a new task quickly, you just need to enter a name and hit ‘Enter’ – a new task will appear in the corresponding category. The groups can be easily collapsed and expanded. There is also a search bar for your convenience.
Using the Settings button, you can easily delete and archive your task, or move it between groups.
Looks like you’re good to go! Try out the new feature and let us know what you think by sending feedback to