This helps agencies or in-house specialists solve specific tasks outside of the usual Site Audit functionality, such as creating a task in Asana, Monday, or Jira, sending leads to Salesforce or Hubspot, or auditing a domain opened in a browser without entering Semrush.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects various apps, such as Google Docs, Trello, and Slack, without coding or relying on developers to build the integration.
It allows you to build your own app workflows and automate repetitive tasks and has 2000+ applications in the connector store - including Semrush Site Audit.
How To Use the Site Audit Connector
The Site Audit connector doesn’t require any knowledge of coding or access to the public Semrush API, but at the same time, it still gives you a lot of flexibility when working with the tool.
Here are some examples of how you can utilize Zapier and Semrush functionality:
- Create a task in Asana, Monday, or Jira, as well as other task trackers.
- Schedule a custom recrawl (once a month / at a specific time).
- Audit a domain opened in a browser without entering Semrush.
- Send leads to CRM (for example, Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
For basic cases with only one action, a free Zapier subscription is enough. Example: re-crawling your campaign.
However, if you need to implement more than one action, a free Zapier subscription will not be enough. Example: when filling out the Google Form, a campaign is automatically created in the Site Audit; upon completion of the crawl, an overview is then sent to the client's email, and a new client is created in CRM.
Site Audit Connector Triggers and Actions
Technically, Zapier either requests info from Site Audit (a “Trigger”), or starts a process in Site Audit (an “Action”).
When you use Triggers, Zapier sends a request to the Site Audit every 5-15 minutes to receive information for transfer to another tool.
The tool may inform you when:
- Your campaign crawl is completed.
- You get a new task in the Site Audit campaign.
Using Actions, you can:
- Create a new project and set up a Site Audit campaign.
- Re-crawl your campaign.
- Get an overview report for your campaign.
How To Set Up Zapier - An Example
Let's take a look at how to schedule an automatic submission of tasks to Asana:
1. Create an account in Zapier. For this task, the free version is enough. Find the Semrush App.
2. Make a new Zap
3. Choose “New Task for Site Audit Campaign” as a Trigger Event.
4. Specify the campaign that you want to receive new tasks for. You will then need to test the connection to confirm that the trigger is set up correctly.
5. Once Zapier and Semrush are connected, you need to choose the Site Audit issue you want to track and push the “Send to Zapier” button.
6. Zapier will now send requests to Semrush for new tasks related to this issue in your Site Audit campaign every 5-15 minutes.
7. You should now configure where you want to send tasks. Zapier Marketplace contains more than 2000 applications. Set up the connection with Asana (or other task trackers), and choose the right settings for you.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about the tool by dropping us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.