Backlink Audit lets you audit your domain’s backlink profile to help you take a deeper look at which links may have a positive or negative effect on your rankings.The tool provides a workflow to audit all of your links, analyze the toxic signals associated with any suspicious links, send emails to website owners, and create a disavow file to send to Google.
- Integration with Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Majestic to ensure the most accurate backlink data
- Filters and sorting to quickly identify all spammy backlinks
- Email integration to manually ask website owners for link removal in severe cases
- Ability to create a disavow file and remove your site’s association with any potentially harmful links
- “Lost & Found” report to keep track of new and lost backlinks over time
If you find that you have several backlinks that are suspicious, you can use the Backlink Audit tool to analyze them and decide if you need to disavow them. Disavowing links asks Google not to take these links into consideration when ranking your domain. By integrating with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Majestic you are able to manage all of your links in one place. This saves you time when managing your links!
- Configuring Your Backlink Audit
- Backlink Audit Overview
- Auditing Your Backlinks
- Removing Your Unwanted Backlinks
- Disavowing Your Backlinks
- Monitoring Your Lost & Found Backlinks
- Analyzing Your Target Pages
- Connecting Backlink Audit With Majestic
- Connecting Google Analytics and Search Console
- Guide to Backlink Audit Anchor Texts
- How are Backlinks updated?
When you want to delete a specific Project tool, you will have to delete the whole Project. This will remove all of the other campaigns set up in the Project.
So let’s say you want to delete a Backlink Audit campaign. When you delete the Project you will also be deleting the Position Tracking campaign, Site Audit, Social Media Tracker or any other tools that are also in that Project.
Projects cannot be recovered once they are deleted so it's important to be careful when deleting a Project. Only delete a Project if you are 100 percent sure because all of your data will be gone forever.
When the tool gathers backlink information from our database, it can gather information on up to 500 links from a single referring domain.
When the tool is connected to a Majestic profile, it can gather information on up to 10 links from a single referring domain.
When uploading/importing a file of backlinks to this tool, the file can be up to 50 MB. Anything larger will not be able to upload.
When you connect an email account to this tool to make outreach requests for link removal, you will be limited to no more than 500 emails sent per day from the connected account. This limit is distributed between all of your Projects where you have the same email connected to a Backlink Audit or Link Building Tool campaign. At this time Backlink Audit can connect to Gmail and Microsoft email services.
It’s possible to export data from this tool in the following formats:
- Export data from Backlink Audit to PDF or create your custom report with the My Reports tool. Combine data from Backlink Audit, other Semrush tools, Google Analytics 4, Google Search Console, and other sources to create custom PDF reports. Align the reports with your brand and schedule automatic updates for seamless report automation.